Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weight loss

My husband and I decided we are done having kids.  Although this sometimes makes me a little sad, it has given me new motivation to lose my last few pounds of " baby weight".  I have tried a lot of things.  My youngest will be 4 in November, so that has given me 3 years to try all different tactics.  Although I was back to my prepregnancy weight (125) a year later, I have never been very fit, so I wanted to work on it.  I was also thinking, my body is amazing, it gave birth to three kids, lets see what else it can do!  I slowly ramped up my work outs.  I started running, which I hated, trying to work up to a 10K.  6 mos. later I ran the Bolder Boulder, in an average amount of time, but I felt good.  I also worked in some strength training.  At this point I was probably working out 4 days a week for about an hour.  My husband encouraged me to take up cycling (his passion) so I did.  Two years post partum I reached my lowest weight ever, 118.  This was while I was doing the p90x 90 day lean plan, and trying to follow that diet.  In the next year I increased my workouts to 6 days a week.   You may think I'm crazy, working out this much, and I kind of was.  But bear in mind that I am 5'2" and my BMI is in the middle of normal.  For my height, normal varies between about 105 and 135.  During that year, I trained for and ran a half marathon and did two 100 km bike rides.  Despite my increased workouts I was back at 123.  My husband assures me that's because of my increased muscle mass.  Maybe so.  I scaled back my workouts about 6 months ago and cleaned up my diet a bit, did another half marathon and metric century bike ride, and I am still hanging out around 123.  So with all this ridiculous background information, I'll get straight to my point.  I would like to lose about 8 lbs, and would like to trim off that last little bit of belly flab, this has proved pretty difficult, and I feel I've tried a number of things.  I am already pretty fit, I am going to experiment a little with some fad diets and see what happens.  I will not take any weight loss pills, I will be honest about my results and I will maintain my current physical activity (4x/week).  This is all in an effort to save everyone else the trouble.  I am so selfless.

1 comment:

elesa said...

You are very kind. I am interested to see what you learn. Richard and I are gonna try some of the stuff from BodyRock.TV. If you can get past all the boob and booty photos, the exercises look really interesting.